Your brakes are your vehicle’s most important safety feature. They may be stopping your vehicle, but that doesn’t mean they’re working their best. In order to stop your vehicle safely, brakes are designed to slowly wear as you use them. That’s why regular maintenance of your brake system is so important. We are ready to provide quality service while you wait. We offer high-quality brake products and brake fluid from American Honda Motor Company.
How to spot worn brakes – when to replace or repair
The more you use them, the faster they wear out. Your brake pads are designed to keep the metal of your calipers from grinding against – and damaging – the metal of your rotors. This is not a built-in flaw, but simply a result of brakes working normally and safely. If you’re hearing a grinding or squeaking noise, it’s time for an inspection.
Look and Listen:
- Squeaking or grinding
- A burning odor
- The brake pedal feels spongy or soft
- Vibration when brakes are applied in the steering wheel or seat
- A continuous squeak or chip sound that stops when brakes are applied
- Your brake system warning light comes on
- Technician can perform a brake service that includes:
- Machining or turning rotors
- Brake fluid exchanging and flushing
- Routine pad replacement
- Anti-lock brake diagnostics
- Replacement of wheel bearings
- Replacement of seals if needed
- Lubricating critical wear items
- Making all necessary adjustments
- And so much more
Why Jerry Damson Honda should be your #1 choice for all brake concerns:
At Jerry Damson Honda, we have diagnostic and inspection procedures that are unparalleled in our industry. These procedures enable us to pinpoint the vehicle’s exact needs and requirements. We use only premium OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) parts based on your vehicle’s specifications. That is why over 36,000 customers a year have trusted us for their brake service and repair.